Mullet

What most of us thought it was the newest fashion of the earliest 21st century created in the Basque Country and worn by veeery alternative people (and, according to Ziuta, the hair style by which you can recognize a Spaniard), this haircut is called mullet and here I copy the information I found out today in a translators distribution list:

"A mullet is a haircut that is short in the front, on the top, and on the sides, but long in the back. Mullets have been worn by males and females of all ages, but they have traditionally been most popular with younger men. A slogan or motto often associated with people who wear mullets is: 'Business in the front, party in the back!', which originated from the older phrase: 'All business in the front, and a party in the rear.'
The mullet became popular in the 1970s (in part due to the influence of English pop star David Bowie), but is known to have been worn long before then. "
So a 'mullet haircut' would be this:
Even dogs, even Tony Blair... But the alternative haircut in Spain nowadays can't be called "mullet" if mullet means that. Sergi doesn't look like any of those... Ziuta, do you think that Tony Blair has a 'Spanish look' there?

3 comentaris:

Ewelina ha dit...

hehe, I was waiting all the weekend to see this and...it was worthy:)))U R WARIATKA!!!
We call this haircut in Poland "Czech Metal" ;) and hopefylly this fashion has died ;)
About Tony...I think he should grow a little bit of "party in the back" to look like real spanish(hihi).

Anònim ha dit...

Jiajiajiajia!! Que gran tema de discusión el mullet. Que sepáis que en una Popular1 hay un reportaje muy muy completo sobre el tema y todo lo que le rodeó en su momento. Cuando vengáis a España os lo dejo leer...
Y bueno...sí que es verdad que hay algo parecido al mullet rulando por estas tierras últimamente. Es igual pero sin levantar tanto por delante.
Au cacau!!

mowiecowiem ha dit...

oooh my... I definitely want to have something like that on my head. I have to wait for my hair to grow ;) Anyway, does mullet have anything to do with muleta? If so, why? And, by the way, Mr Blair does have a "party in the back" even without a mullet...